Thinking of Selling?
What to Consider when Selecting an Agent:
- A full-time agent who is familiar with current market trends in your area
- An agent who has a diverse range of marketing and merchandising strategies
- An agent who is on the cutting edge of all available technologies
- Prompt response and service
- Easily able to contact
- Availability on weekends or evenings
- Listens to your needs and goals
- An agent who is genuine in wanting your home to sell, not just to have another “listing”
Consider the Condition of your Home:
- Does your house have curb appeal?
- Could your house use a new coat of paint?
- Does your house need a power-wash?
- If your house has a yard, is the lawn and landscaping attractive and well-kept?
- Are the windows and doors attractive and in good condition?
- Is the roof (and the gutters) in good condition?
- Are all outside toys put away (bikes, scooters, etc.)?
- Is the entrance welcoming and inviting?
- Are the window treatments open for buyers to see natural light?
- Are the interior paints and finishes in good condition (recently updated), or do they need to be freshened up? For a minimal investment, you could possibly make or break a sale by having your home look well-kept and inviting.
- Are the appliances in good working order?
- Are the plumbing and electrical systems in good condition? Are they fully functional?
- Are the carpets or other floor coverings clean and in good condition? Like the paint, are they attractive and well-kept? Floor coverings are worth paying for so that your home makes a good impression.
- Are the sealants (sink, shower, tub, windows) in good condition?
- Are all light fixtures working properly, and is there good lighting in each room so that prospective buyers won’t think you’re hiding something?
Consider Your Responsibilities:
- Attorney’s fees
- New Jersey Transfer Taxes
- Cancellation of Mortgage
- Engineering and Insect damage repairs that may be required after the inspection
- Radon remediation may be required after inspection
- Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy
Hubbard Park Real Estate works closely and professionally with sellers and provides the highest level of customer service. Our agents prepare a competitive and complementary market analysis for each client as well as a fully customized marketing plan. Contact us to meet with one of our highly trained agents 732-747-0700.